- Modern, Purpose Built Air-Conditioned, Hygienic Salon.
- Our salon is heated and air-conditioned for your pets comfort. We have separate wet and dry areas, one for bathing and drying and another for clipping and finishing. The entire salon can be viewed from the reception area.
- Only the latest professionally approved equipment is used.
- Each pet is examined thoroughly upon arriving at the salon to evaluate it’s individual needs and requirements.
- Our emphasis is on quality not quantity.
- We use spacious pens instead of cages where possible.
- We are a flea free salon. If fleas are found on your dog during their appointment they will be treated with a flea rinse at an extra cost of $15. The best way to avoid this is to regularly treat your dog with a preventative such as Advantage, Comfortis etc or a long acting Seresto collar.
The Groomer / Pet Stylist
Peninsula Dog Groomery is owned by Dianne Collins (Nee Carroll / Holohan)
Dianne grew up on a dairy farm in Somerville on the Mornington Peninsula and dogs and horses have always been a big part of her family. Be it working dogs or pets, everything ranging from Border Collies, Blue Heelers, Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, Maltese terriers, Golden Retrievers, Dalmations and Standard Poodles.
Having always had a passion for animals, dog grooming is a natural progression. Dianne decided to formalise her training and sought a course provided by legendary master groomer and trainer, Sylvia Bramhall. She feels very privileged to have been Sylvia’s final student.
Peninsula Dog Groomery evolved and Dianne feels very lucky to live and work in an ideal setting amongst the animals she loves. It is very much a case of, “Do something you love and love what you do”.
Kylie Hamilton joined us in 2017 in the position of Senior Pet Stylist. Kylie brings with her 11 + years of experience gained in a high end salon in Camberwell. Kylie’s side-kick and when she joined Peninsula Dog Groomery her shadow was her Bernese Mountain Dog , Toby who quickly made himself part of the furniture here in the salon at Peninsula Dog Groomery. She now has a GSP, Bruno.
Kylie is an award winning dog groomer and along with Kylie’s extensive dog grooming experience, Kylie also grooms cats here every Thursday.
Brooke joined the team as a Pet Stylist in early in 2019. She was trained at KT’s Dog Grooming Academy and has been furthering her skills under the guidance of Kylie ever since. She is often accompanied by her Jack Russell x Foxie, Taz.